SOUTH TEXAS TRAUMA-INFORMED CARE CONSORTIUM
The South Texas Trauma-Informed Care Consortium is a collaboration between The Children’s Shelter, Voices for Children and City of San Antonio Metro Health Department (The Partners). The consortium brings together community participants who are committed to addressing the impact of trauma. The Consortium’s goals are:
- To educate the community about trauma, about the damage of trauma and re-traumatization, and about how widespread trauma-related damage is
- To raise awareness of the importance of being trauma informed.
- To build a resilient community and mitigate the effects of trauma related damage
What is Trauma Informed Care?
Trauma Informed Care is an organizational approach that understands and responds to the life-long potential impacts of trauma in the families that we serve.
A Trauma Informed Care Approach emphasizes the physical, psychological and emotional safety for clients/work force/participants/patients and providers to assist trauma survivors to strengthen their resiliency, gain their empowerment and thrive.
Rather than asking “what is wrong with you?”, a trauma informed care approach asks, “what has happened to you?”
Upcoming Events and Food for Thought
(1) May is Trauma Informed Care Awareness Month! Please join us:
We have TRAININGS! We have MEDIA EVENTS! We have INTERACTIVE CLASSES! We have FILM SCREENINGS!
Click on the link below for all the information and a special page to thank our sponsors:
(2) Please join us–May ACE Interface training schedule from The Institute for Trauma Informed Care: